AJ Thoma III, CCIM
201 W Springfield Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820
AJ Thoma III grew up around the realm of commercial real estate assisting in his first site selection in 1998. His primary focus is on serving the commercial markets within Central and East-Central Illinois and has completed over 105 million dollars in sales and leasing transactions in his first 10 years. AJ works in markets within a 90-mile radius of Champaign-Urbana in Buyer/Seller and Landlord/Tenant Representation focusing on the Industrial, Office, Investment, Land, and Retail markets. He currently works in the markets of Champaign-Urbana, Bloomington-Normal, Decatur, Charleston, Paris, as well as several other smaller communities throughout the area.
AJ attended the University of Illinois, majoring in economics and also focusing on a wide variety of business training. He was awarded a B.A. in Economics from UIUC in 2009.
AJ is married to his wife, Michelle, and they reside in Champaign. In his spare time, AJ enjoys golfing, cooking, gardening, fishing, hunting, boating, and anything that involves being outdoors.
- Designation, CCIM Institute, 2014
- B.A. Economics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2009
- Coldwell Banker Commercial Devonshire Realty, Intern, 2008 – 2009
- Rho Epsilon, Student Real Estate Association, Member, 2007 – 2009
- Illinois Real Estate Broker Licensee, 2007
- CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member, 2014 – Present), Chicago Chapter
- ICSC (International Council of Shopping Centers, 2009 -Present)
- NAR (National Association of Realtors, 2014 – Present)
- IAR (Illinois Association of Realtors, 2014 – Present)
- Champaign West Rotary (Paul Harris Fellow 6x)
- Champaign West Rotary (Past Board Member)
- United Way ECL (Emerging Community Leaders)
- Champaign Parks Foundation – (Board Member/Former Chair)
- Champaign County EDC Business Growth Committee (Past Committee Member)
- World Famous Lawn Rangers
- CCIM 101- Financial Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate
- CCIM 102- Market Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate
- CCIM 103- User Decision Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate
- CCIM 104- Investment Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate
Honors and Achievements
- 2020 CBC Devonshire Realty Mega Deals Award Recipient (8x)
- 2019 CBC Corporate Circle of Distinction Individual Award (Silver)
- 2019 CBC Devonshire Realty – Top Broker
- 2014 & 2018 CBC Corporate Circle of Distinction Individual Award (Bronze)
- 2017 CBC Devonshire Realty Mega Deals Award Recipient (2x)
- 2015 – 2016 CBC Devonshire Realty Mega Deals Award Recipient
- 2014 CBC Corporate Circle of Distinction Individual Award
- 2013 – 2014, 2016 CBC Devonshire Thomas E Harrington Award Circle of Distinction
- 2011, 2015 – 2016, 2018 – 2019 CBC Devonshire Realty Mega Deals Award Recipient
- 2011 CBC Devonshire Realty Mega Deals Award Recipient
- 2011 CBC Devonshire Realty Most Improved Broker
Partial Client List
- AMC Theaters
- True Blue Inc.
- CVS Caremark Corp
- The Atkins Group
- Verizon Wireless
- Region’s Bank
- The Thomas Monahon Co.
- Illini Media Co.
- Preferred Development Inc.
- Edward Jones
- Hawkeye Hospitality Management
- Securitas USA
- B&B Amusement
- Quest Diagnostic
- Compass Group USA, LLC
- Village of Rantoul
- Bon Ami Company
- Patterson Dental
- American Freight
- Frasca Associates
- Clarkson Soy Products
- Dotty’s Café
- Wesco International
- AFD Solution
- Rush Trucking
- The Thomas Monahan Co.
- CB Richard Ellis
- Cushman Wakefield
- Jones Lang LaSalle
- Excess Space
- Grubb & Ellis
- Cassidy Turey
- Newmark Knight Frank
“In late July, 2014, I had the opportunity to work with A.J. Thoma, III, in starting the process of selling a commercial property I owned in Mahomet at 419 E. Main. Without going into detail, A.J. did a market analysis on the property that aided me in the subsequent sale which I accomplished on my own.
A.J.’s analysis was very professionally prepared, thoughtfully presented and I felt, very accurate. He was very prompt in its delivery and followed up in a timely fashion.
His performance reflected positively on himself and your organization.”
-Paul M. Gilligan
“AJ Thoma is an insightful, responsive and attentive young broker. With his Midwest work ethic, he is a solid communicator and diligent agent. His positive yet blunt approach to the marketplace is appreciated. At his current pace of professional growth, we foresee a solid future in real estate for AJ.”
-Mark Dixon, The Atkins Group
“Tim Harrington introduced me to AJ shortly after I purchased an office building with several vacancies and said he was the right broker for the job. Quickly I realized that Tim was right in his choice. Within a few short months, most of my vacancies were filled with quality tenants. Impressed with his work, I hired him to lease my newly constructed office building that had been on the market for a few years at that time. Within 1.5 years he was able to secure tenants for the remaining 60% of unfinished space. I would highly recommend AJ for any realm of Commercial Real Estate. “
-Tom Frasca, Frasca International
“AJ Thoma is a true professional. He has: an excellent understanding of the overall commercial real estate market dynamics, a strong ability with numbers, the drive to get tasks done lightning fast, and the personal skills and follow through to gain strong loyalty from his buyers and listing clients. I would strongly recommend him for all of your commercial real estate needs.”
-John W Flora, Flora Gems
“AJ helped me to find offices spaces on two occasions for my practice. He is persistent, thorough, and is able to tune in to what his clients are looking for in a space. During the process of finding an office space, I appreciated AJ’s swift responses to my inquiries. I very much look forward to working with AJ again in the future.”
– Kathleen El Koury, Insight Therapy, LLC
“I started working with AJ in late 2013 on a video gaming café concept that I wanted to roll out in several communities in Central Illinois. Over the last 2 years I have come to appreciate all the hard work and market knowledge he displays in essentially all communities of Downstate Illinois. We have looked into 20+ communities and have been successful in securing locations in several of those communities. I have worked with a few different brokers since being in Illinois and AJ is my go to broker because I know he will get the job done. “
-Fred Jansen, Dotty’s Café/Izzy’s Pizza
“I have had numerous business dealings with AJ over several years and would recommend him highly for any commercial real estate brokerage services.”
-Stuart Broeren, Broeren Russo Builders, Inc.
“The Beck Family used Coldwell Banker and AJ Thoma III, CCIM for a recent large building and tower transaction in Springfield, Illinois. Their attention to detail and hard work helped the project become very profitable. This is not my first rodeo with AJ and I will use him again and again when the opportunity is there. I would wholeheartedly recommend AJ as your next commercial realtor.”
-Matt Beck, Barbeck Communications
“AJ was a great partner to work with on getting our property taken care of. He was always very good about keeping everyone in the loop, super responsive and very knowledgeable. We look forward to our continued partnership with him, it has been great.”
-David Parr Jr., Parr Financial (Google Review)
“If I could give more stars, I would! AJ is truly the best in the business. He was constantly on top of our needs (and there were many!) He was accommodating, timely, and professional. I was surprised at how well he handled me (I can be over thorough and that usually comes off as annoying) but he did such a great job making me feel calm through our process. To be honest, this is the first time I have ever written a review, but I felt compelled to express how much of a great experience we had with AJ!”
-Callie Poeta, Poeta Training Center (Google Review)
“AJ was great to work with – simple and straight forward throughout the entire process! I would highly recommend him!”
-Wendi Langstaff, Prep Freeze Cook (Google Review)
“AJ has been great to work with. I’d highly recommend him to anyone looking to buy/sell/lease commercial properties in central Illinois. He has a lot of knowledge about properties, area trends, and the markets to help determine good fit and functionality.”
-Dan Shunk, Two Men and a Truck (Google Review)