Zach Wetherell, CCIM
201 W Springfield Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820
Zach graduated from the University of Illinois, College of Business, in 2007 with a degree in finance and a concentration in commercial real estate. He earned his Illinois Real Estate Broker’s License in the fall of 2007 and began working for Coldwell Banker Commercial Devonshire Realty (CBCDR) in the spring of 2008 as a commercial real estate broker. With over 10 years of experience, Zach has become a top producer and market leader. He enjoys working on all facets of commercial real estate, but particularly enjoys working with retail, office, investment, and industrial opportunities for his clients.
In 2009, he started consulting for CBCDR Property Management working on marketing existing commercial vacancies and negotiating lease renewals. In 2014, Zach increased his role in Property Management to include responsibility as the Owners Services Director along with continuing his individual brokerage business. As Owners Services Director, Zach is responsible for business development and growing the property management portfolio, working with existing accounts and owners on meeting their goals and objectives for their individual properties, and working closely with the property management team to make sure the client’s needs are met. Zach earned his Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation in 2020.
Zach enjoys working with clients in all aspects of the commercial real estate industry. He believes that his education, background in the construction industry, experience, and time served in the military will greatly benefit his clients. Additionally, Zach enjoys giving back to his local community and supports several local organizations.
Illinois Real Estate Broker License, 2007
B.S. Finance, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2007
Designation, CCIM Institute, 2020
- Realtor, Coldwell Banker Devonshire Realty
- Sergeant/Squad Leader, IL Army National Guard
- Supervisor, Wetherell Construction
- JTS Properties
- Chamber of Commerce
- CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member), 2020-Present, Illinois Chapter
- ICSC (International Council of Shopping Centers)
- Champaign Rotary
- Developmental Services Center – Board member, 2015-Present
- Carle Foundation Member
- NAR (National Association of Realtors), 2008-Present
- IAR (Illinois Association of Realtors), 2008-Present
- CCIM 101- Financial Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate
- CCIM 102- Market Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate
- CCIM 103- User Decision Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate
- CCIM 104- Investment Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate
Honors and Achievements
- Coldwell Banker Commercial Bronze Circle of Distinction Award, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019
- Coldwell Banker Commercial Silver Circle of Distinction Award, 2015, 2017, 2020, 2021
- Coldwell Banker Commercial Number One Sales Professional in Illinois, 2015
- CBC Devonshire Realty Mega Deals Award Recipient, 2009-2021
- Forty Under 40 – Central Illinois Business Magazine, 2016
- Army Commendation Medal
- Iraq Campaign Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary & Service Medals
- Armed Forces Reserve Medal with Meritorious Device
- Primary Leadership Development Course
- Combat Action Badge
- Army Good Conduct Medal
- Rho Epsilon Real Estate Student Association
Zach grew up in a small town about 70 miles south of Champaign, Illinois. Throughout high school and college Zach worked for his father’s construction company gaining knowledge and understanding of the construction industry. He joined the Illinois Army National Guard his senior year of high school, and while serving his country Zach was deployed to Iraq in 2004-2005. Zach retired from the Illinois Army National Guard in 2008 after eight years of service.
Zach and his wife, Brittney, have two boys. He enjoys spending time with his family and watching his sons grow. His hobbies and interests include commercial real estate, traveling, baseball, golf, skiing, boating, hunting, and giving back to the community.