Tim Harrington Director of Commercial Services Illinois Licensed Real Estate Broker
Tim Harrington has served the commercial real estate needs of Champaign-Urbana and central Illinois since 1981. His experience involves all aspects of commercial real estate including sales, leasing, property management, and development. In his career, Tim has been personally involved in over $300 million in sales and leasing activities and over $200 million in development projects, including land, office, residential subdivisions, retail, build-to-suits, and multi-family.
Tim has been instrumental in building the company’s commercial base of clients and has advanced the growth and success into the premier downstate Illinois commercial brokerage firm. In addition, he plays an essential role in CBCDR’s commercial project development in the central Illinois area.
Tim has been active in bringing new companies and disciplines to CBCDR and has played an integral role in redefining and enhancing CBCDR’s real estate services. He focuses on the clients’ ongoing needs and creates value through leadership, direction, creativity, capability, and relationships that provide confidence.
- 35+ years of Commercial Real Estate Experience
- Business Administration Degree, University of Arizona, 1981
- Commercial Brokerage Business from 1981 to Present
- Illinois Licensed Real Estate Broker, 1981
- Illinois Real Estate License, 1979
- Coldwell Banker Commercial Halter/Case Leadership Award (2016)
- Midwest Real Estate News Commercial Real Estate Hall of Fame Inductee (2016)
- Coldwell Banker Commercial National Advisory Board (2000-2005, 2014-present)
- Coldwell Banker Commercial National Retail Group Member
- Coldwell Banker Commercial: Platinum Circle of Distinction (2004, 2005, 2006)
- Coldwell Banker Commercial: Gold Circle of Distinction (2007)
- Coldwell Banker Commercial: Silver Circle of Distinction (2011, 2014)
- Coldwell Banker Commercial: Bronze Circle of Distinction (2008, 2009, 2015, 2016)
- Coldwell Banker Commercial: Mentor/Protégé Award of the Year (2006)
- Coldwell Banker Commercial: Top Illinois Producer (2007)
- Coldwell Banker Commercial: Top Five Producer for Northern Region (2007)
- CCAR (Champaign County Association of Realtors)
- Champaign County Economic Development Corporation, Board of Directors ( 2000-2005)
- ICSC (International Council of Shopping Centers)
- NAR (National Association of Realtors)
- IAR (Illinois Association of Realtors)
- Central Illinois Bank Board (2006-2008)
- Commerce Bank Board of Advisers (2013-present)
- Champaign Country Club Board of Directors (1997-1999)
Tim is a native of Champaign-Urbana and over the years has fostered numerous contacts and resources beneficial to clients. He and his wife, Kris, reside in one of Devonshire’s residential subdivision developments, Devonshire South. Tim enjoys golf, travel, dining, home projects, entertainment events, and working out.
“Our joint venture with Tim Harrington and his team to create the Sterling Commons project in Peoria exceeded our expectations. With his guidance in the development, management, and leasing the center and is now a valuable asset in our portfolio compared to the vacant unproductive property prior to our partnership.”